Monday, December 12, 2011

Vietnam with Huong

My recent adventures were with my friend Huong, my HWS undergraduate college housemate! What an amazing way to travel with a native Vietnamese and someone who knows me so well! She treated me to fabulous Vietnamese cuisine and interpreting customs beyond better than any tour guide! In exchange, I had to teach one of her English courses at the University and play with her nieces-- pretty rough huh? Looking back on my time spent with her, our friendship is something that I will cherish and hold onto.  Despite already getting a Fulbright-- hopefully, she comes back to the USA for her PHD!  


Reflections of the Grand Palace
Another meal of rice done three ways...

I ran art classes with her 4 nieces, they did not speak English and I could only grunt a few words in Vietnamese!

No comments:

Post a Comment