Saturday, November 26, 2011

Good Morning Vietnam!!

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope that everyone had an amazing and wonderful Turkey Day!!
 

Sorry if anyone has been looking at my un-updated blog, I have two good excuses: 1. Vietnam censors websites terribly 2. My sisters have been here in Vietnam with me for the past week, and the trip has been incredible and packed full of adventure! 

We went to Sapa, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Hanoi and so much in between! The adventures and laughter has been most enjoyable.  I love love my sisters! I know that I am totally spoiled traveling with my sisters! AND having so much fun!!! we just laugh and laugh and make fun of each other! 

The rural mountains of Sapa were full of surprises for us--from staring at poverty, to the burn of rice whiskey, eating black chicken feet at the local market, buying way too many incredible handicrafts that our bags are stuffed, to hiking in bamboo hut villages, and motorbiking up mountains!!!!  ***FYI Carolyn did not have rice whiskey or black chicken feet

We ate Indian food for Thanksgiving and continued with the Reynolds tradition of talking about what we were thankful for!  so fun!  I know that I am sooooooooo incredibly thankful for my sisters, my parents, and the lessons that they have taught me over the years, and for how blessed we are in our lives to be educated, loved, and born into such wealth. In addition, to take a trip like this with my sisters AND it has been an amazing trip watching them grow and learn more about traveling. YAYA!

Yesterday we explored parts of the DMZ/Vietnam war-- old war caves, called Marble Mountain.  So hard to imagine that we were bombing the shit out of this wonderful country not too long ago, when my father/mother (and most of the USA) was protesting the war and hundreds of people and children were dying everyday.... I wonder if we will say the same about Afganistan in 20 years..... I am so thankful for my life :)

Yaya.  life is good, I am still loving the traveling but after 50days I am starting to slightly miss the comforts of having internet, my car, and no humidity----BUT I am not sure I want to or I am ready for the winter chaos :)
OR that I might have to start looking for a real job (yup-never thought that would happen).

The adventure is packed full--with so much to do everyday until I leave!!!! I will travel in Da Nang with my HWS Vietnamese college friend Huong and Carolyn for a day or two--then make our way back to Hanoi where I will stay with Houng until the long adventure back to the USA. 

* Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I am not sure what it is--the computer's here burnt my USB device for reading pictures.... crazy right? If I get a chance I will upload-I will--if not--wait till I get back to the USA and I will upload them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment